The Native Justice Coalition is recruiting new members to our Truth and Reconciliation Commission Working Group
Learn more and submit an application following the above link or click on the box below.
The Native Justice Coalition is seeking applications for our Truth & Reconciliation Commission Working Group. The Working Group serves to guide the Truth & Reconciliation Commission programming and new initiatives that we are launching. You will be working directly with the Truth & Reconciliation Commission Coordinator to provide recommendations, feedback, and organizational support. Please note this is a volunteer opportunity.
Position Title – Truth & Reconciliation Commission Working Group
Length of Term – 1 Year
Reports to – Truth & Reconciliation Commission Coordinator
- Understand and promote the mission and the vision of the Native Justice Coalition.
- Attend TRC Working Group meetings remotely and in person.
- Review agenda and supporting documents prior to our meetings.
- Be familiar with the organization’s programs, policies, and operations.
- Attend our annual conference, Healing Stories, talking circles, or any program events. It is not required to attend all events. Travel, lodging, accommodations and meals will be covered for you by the Native Justice Coalition.
- Advise and make recommendations to our current programs and new initiatives as they pertain to boarding school healing, justice, education, advocacy, and awareness.
Time Demands –
- Attend and actively participate in at least 75% of the TRC Working Group meetings. 12 meetings per year, approximately 1 hour in length.
- Attend and actively participate in the annual in person meeting and planning retreat. Approximately 1-2 days over a weekend in the late summer or early spring